Sunday, December 10, 2017

Final Countdown


As you already know, we have been called to serve First Baptist Church, Dawson, GA.

The beginning of one ministry is the ending of another. I've spent the last 7 years serving the Lord by serving other people behind the front counter of @Chick-fil-A. It has been a great journey and certainly My Pleasure!

So this is my final week.  It all began when I was in need of a job. We were a few months away from closing the church we started and I wanted to find something "temporary" to tie me over until the Lord led us to our new ministry.

Little did I know the Lord positioned me in my "new ministry" at CFA and also gave me many opportunities to preach. Not only as a fill-in but also serving three interim pastorates: Gentian Baptist for 6 months; Wynnbrook Baptist for 9 months; and First Baptist Richland, GA for 12 months. And in each church people came to salvation in Christ and were baptized into the Church! Praise the Lord!!

Many friends have been made through these churches and also through my years at CFA. I will miss serving them all. And I'll miss my fellow team members. We have had such great times together and learned a lot from each other. And we have laughed!

Thank you, Todd Morgan, Operator CFA Phenix City, AL for giving my the blessing of working and serving with you, John Lech, Chris Magnus, and the rest of the team. You all taught me so much.

Thank you Alex Vann, Operator CFA Macon/Wynnton Rd. and Manchester Expressway. You also gave me an opportunity to serve alongside you, Brandon Alan, Stephen Vaughn, and the team members at two stores. You challenged me to step up as a leader! I came as a learner and leave as a better leader...and still learning! Most of all your love and friendship has meant so much. We may be living in different places but the friendship continues! Thanks for allowing me to be a pastor to many and the Chaplain of Chick-fil-A!!

So the countdown begins...there are 5 days left at CFA! Friday December 15 will be the final day. I will forever cherish these 7 years of my "temporary" job!

Ephesians 3:20

No comments: