Friday, May 6, 2016

BLESSINGS

It has been an interesting two weeks for us. We had been smelling antifreeze in the duct work of the Toyota Highlander (Lana's car) and knew something was up...and you guessed it - Heater Core! And we thought that was an expensive car repair ($800 but we decided to bypass it for now) until this past week when I blew a head gasket in the Ford Taurus (my car) and now $1500 later, I have my car back from the shop! It only has 207,000 miles on it so I guess the inevitable was going to happen.  Good news is I now have new heads, new tune up, new antifreeze and a fresh oil change!

I bought that 2001 Taurus when it had only 12,000 miles on it and we have been blessed with how it has performed! And I am so thankful to the Lord Jesus for keeping it running. And the 2003 Highlander has also been a good car full of the Lord's blessings. We were also blessed by not being stranded on some dark lonely highway. And we were blessed to have good friends to help get us where we needed to be until arrangements could be made for alternate transportation while the cars were in the shop!

Besides the cars, I started Physical Therapy on my left shoulder which had been strained. I have a good Therapist and some good meds to help with the pain! I'm blessed to get the help I need for healing and strength!

Speaking of blessings, the Lord has once again opened the door for me to preach more! I am filling the pulpit for a church for the next 2 months.  It's always good to pray for the Lord to prepare my heart and the heart of the church where I have the blessing to preach. It's amazing what God does when I ask for that preparation to happen.  When I arrive at the church I know with confidence that God has been working on all our hearts and when I hear the comments after the service I am humbled that God would still use me! All the praise goes to Him for His incredible blessings!

How have you been blessed by the Lord? Pause right now and thank Him for His blessings in your life.  I bet you won't have to look far to see them.

Joel

No comments: